Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Her First Joke!

Last night at dinner...

Lexi: "Hey Mama, how do teeth count?"

Me: "I don't know, how?"

Lexi: "One, tooth, three, four..."

Me: "That was very cute Lexi! Where did you hear that?"

Lexi: "On 'Sid the Science Kid'"

Me: "I think you just told your first joke!"

Lexi: "No I didn't!"

Me: "Yes, that was a joke you just told!"

Lexi: "No Mama, it wasn't!!"

Me: "Okay. Well, I want to teach you another joke. Do you know how sometimes we call a dance a 'boogie'?"

Lexi (doing "disco fingers"): "Like if we do a boogie dance?"

Me: "Um, yea... So, my joke goes: How do you make a tissue dance?"

Lexi: "How?"

Me (laughing): "You put a little boogie in it."

Lexi (half smiling and half looking confused): "Can you show me??"

Me: "I think you're still a little too young for that one."

1 comment:

Brite Lines said...

did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of yarn?

It had mittens!