Ahren, Lexi and Zach were all amazingly patient with my busy schedule as one of the two bridesmaids. The third, Julie, had little Tommy Joseph just a few weeks too early, and couldn't make it, so Ali and I had to hold down the fort. We were also very lucky that the wedding was just 20 minutes from my sister's house, so Lexi spent most of the weekend there with her cousins, and also Gigi and Poppy. She had a blast, and it made our lives easier.
At the reception, Lexi was completely taken with "The Bride" Anytime Heather came within ten feet of us Lexi would say, "Mama, look!! THE BRIDE!!!" I tried to point out that "the bride" was Auntie Heather (who I believe she usually gives her famous "stink eye" to) but it was like I was speaking a foreign language...she was THE BRIDE and THE BRIDE danced with her and actually TALKED to her, and even...at one point...she serenaded her. Sigh, Lexi could die happy because she got special attention from the bride. I'm thinking if I just walk around in a white dress and fancy hair I could probably get her to do anything! Hmm...I'll have to pull out my wedding dress and give this a try.
The wedding was fantastic, and I'm still smiling. I couldn't imagine a better day for a better friend, and I hope she is forever as happy as she was that evening. :) She married a great guy, who has a wonderful family and fantastic friends, and they have a beautiful life ahead of them.
And speaking of beautiful, I will post just a few of the 250 shots that Ahren took that day...














And for those of you who, like me, can't get enough of wedding pictures...here are some links to my mom's photos, and 161 of Ahren's best.
No comments:
Post a Comment