Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Milestones...

If Spring is all about change and new beginnings, then we're starting this one off on the right foot. It's only Tuesday and we're already having a busy week, with a lot more activity to follow. But before I get into this week I want to post pictures of our first spring change...we painted the kitchen! After realizing that we would have absolutely no money to do projects on the house this year, we decided something just had to be done about the brown and pink walls...so we took the plunge (and an entire Saturday) and painted the kitchen. We are very happy with the result!

Now, back to this week...

Yesterday was Lexi's last day of gymnastics. She's done very well, and has enjoyed it very much, but this particular gym is very expensive and I haven't been thrilled with how they've handled a few situations, so we are off to try something new...(more on that later).

After gymnastics we headed over to North Andover Pediatrics for Zachary's 4 month visit. Dr. Martin is thrilled with how well he is doing, and marveled at how strong, and social he is. It's always nice when the doctor is impressed with the baby. She's happy to see that he's able to hold himself up so well on his tummy, and his head strength is amazing. She is certain he'll be sitting up, rolling, etc. before his 6 month visit. Zach's growth spurt has slowed a bit, but he's still doing just fine. Here are his stats:
Height - 26.5 inches - 90th %ile
Weight - 15lbs 5oz - 55th %ile
Head - 43cm - 70th %ile
Despite some heavy rumors that NAP is throwing patients out who are not 100% vaccinated on schedule, Dr. Martin continued to abide by the deal we made at the beginning, and he only got two shots yesterday (he won't get hep B until he's a bit older, and he also won't get rotavirus). I am thrilled because I really do like Dr. Martin, and was feeling frustrated that I was going to have to leave another doctor I liked because of a lousy practice.

Later in the afternoon we had an appointment with Lexi's orthotist. He is thrilled with the progress she is making in the braces, and feels that she just needs to be in them a bit longer. We agreed that braces in the summer won't work, so he has offered to make us a custom arch support to fit inside some sandals...free of charge. I really like these guys. :)

Tonight, Lexi and I are going to her very first swim therapy class that her PT teaches. She and I are both very excited about it. It's basically physical therapy in the water, with other kids. We have to pay out of pocket for it, but I think it's going to be a great class, and I really want her to catch up in gross motor so that she can keep up with her peers in preschool...

...and speaking of preschool...Lexi begins on THURSDAY!!! I am so excited and anxious at the same time. We've been talking about it non-stop since we decided to send her in April, and I can't believe this week has already arrived. Of course, I will update with pictures of her on her first day of school as soon as I can. She's going to New England Montessori which is a Montessori School with Traditional influences. It's a beautiful school, and she already knows one of her classmates, so I'm sure she'll settle in very quickly.

Ahren and I continue to run around like mad, but we are having so much fun watching the kids interact and enjoy one another. We're exhausted by the end of every day, but always looking forward to what tomorrow will bring. Bring on Spring...we're ready. :)

No comments: