Friday, September 26, 2008

Busy Morning

This morning Lexi and I were very busy. We started the day with an early morning appointment with Mr. Bob, her AWESOME orthotist who measured her feet for the SMOs (aka, braces or orthotics) that she will wear for about 8 months. We were both admittedly a little nervous about the appointment, but Mr. Bob put us right at ease, and Lexi did extremely well letting him measure her feet. She even did a bit of talking in his presence, which always makes me laugh. She can be so shy around new people and I think they assume that she doesn't talk. Then she suddenly starts chatting away like she's 16 and people are a little shocked. So, the appointment went very well, and we're told that she's going to get her very cool, flower and butterfly SMOs with purple straps (that she picked out) in about two weeks.

After our appointment we went to her second gymnastics class. Last week did not go well at all, as she was not happy with being taken away from Mom and expected to do lots of tricks that were just a bit harder for her than the other kids. So, this week we joined a lower level class so that I could go with her, and she had an absolute BLAST!! She was doing forward rolls, log rolls, walking on the balance beam, swinging from the bars, and jumping on the trampoline all the while laughing hysterically. It was like physical therapy on steroids, except that she really LOVED being there. She even let Mr. Brian (who she was scared to death of last week) give her stamps on her hands and feet at the end of class. The fantastic part about the class is that the entire room is padded with mats, or trampolines, so she's not afraid to jump or do crazy things because it doesn't hurt to fall. There is no doubt in my mind that she could do the older kid class all by herself, but we'll stick with this one until she's more comfortable. We're both very excited about the class now, and I'm so happy we signed up.

Once we got home and ate lunch, Lexi was so tired that she actually asked me to take her up for a nap. I had lots of grand plans of things I would get done during nap time, but now I'm thinking that I could go for a quick nap myself...

No comments: