Monday, February 25, 2008

Lexi Is Such A Good Helper

We had what I would call the perfect New England snow storm this weekend. The snow started on Friday morning, but it wasn't bad enough to keep Lexi, Gigi and I from getting a little shopping in before lunch. By the afternoon it really started coming down, and Ahren left work early to avoid a miserable commute. The misery was not completely avoided, but we had him home early so Lexi and I were happy. :)
I would guess we woke up to about 8 inches of snow on Saturday morning...enough for Ahren to get the snow blower out which meant that Lexi and I only had to do a little bit of cleaning up. Lexi LOVES to shovel. As soon as she sees one flake of snow fall from the sky she immediately begins talking about how we have to put our stuff on and go out to shovel. She has her own shovel, and actually does a pretty good job for a 2 year old! On this day, by the time Lexi and I got out to help Daddy, all the snow was perfectly removed from the driveway and there wasn't much for Lexi to do. No fear...no one has yet taught her that the goal of shovelling was to get the snow off the driveway. There was plenty of snow NEXT to the driveway that could be shovelled, and a nice clean driveway to deposit her piles...

Afterwards Lexi and Daddy went off to build a snowman. However, it turns out that the snow was not wet enough for a snowman, so they decided to make a fort instead. Once I discovered that the purpose of the fort was to store the snowballs they planned to throw at me, I went in for the day... :)

1 comment:

- said...

nothing cuter than a 40 lbs kid wearing 20 lbs of snow gear !

(40 lbs ... is obviously a random guess, i assumed more than 20 and less than 100)