Thursday, September 19, 2013

What Was I Saying??

This evening at dinner Lexi asked us to imagine someone with cheeks so flabby that they could be stretched all the way over their eyes and touch their forehead. After we all imagined that, she suggested we imagine the cheeks were so flabby that they could be stretched all over the body. She went on in detail for some time about the exact course the flabby cheeks would take. (Think "The Family Circus" cartoon) Now, I do always try to listen with interest to anything my children have to say, but I'll admit that during her description of the cheek course my mind wandered a bit. Suddenly she paused and said, "what am I talking about??" Ahren and I shot each other that glance that says, "crud, you weren't listening either??" ...though not feeling terribly sorry about it since she clearly wasn't listening to herself either, when Zach, on the other side of the table, matter-of-factly replied, "the cheeks?" For Zach, this dinner table conversation was definitely one he could follow. :)

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Ha! That is funny!
LMxo