Zachary has been going through a "killing the bad guys" phase lately, and talks a lot about the different ways he would kill a bad guy if he needed to. This evening, on our way home from swimming, he had gone on long enough. I needed him to understand what all of this meant. So I said to him, "You know, Zachary, we don't ever want to kill someone. If you kill someone it means you make them die, and once someone is dead, that's permanent. They will never be able to come back. Once you're dead you're dead for good." Lexi, always one to want to help explain the concepts, chimes in, "Yea, because people are not like cats." Confused I said, "What do you mean, Lexi? Once cats are dead, they are dead too. They don't come back." She replied, "Really?? Well then why do they say that cats have nine lives?"
I am SO glad we had this conversation before one of our cats dies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment