Sunday, August 19, 2012
Happy Birthday, Lexi!
Dear Lexi,
Today, you turn seven. I probably say this every year, but it is hard to believe that you could be seven. On the one hand, it's now impossible to imagine my life without you in it, yet on the other hand it seems like yesterday that I was holding you in my arms for the very first time. I am very proud of the girl you are becoming. You are sweet, and kind and a lot of fun to play with. You have made lovely friendships with great kids, and that makes me very happy. Your friends are going to be very important to you as you get older, and having the right friends makes all the difference in the world.
I've so enjoyed watching you become more independent this year and subsequently seeing you gain an enormous amount of confidence. Not being able to do something doesn't stop you from trying, and you have been finding time and time again that the more times you try, the more times you become successful. It's a lot of fun to watch.
And of course, I never get tired of seeing how wonderful you are with your brother. You help him to do things that he's still too little to do, and you are very patient with him when he wants to use your things. There is nothing he loves more than having you read to him, and you never get tired of reading. You two get along so well (minus the occasional bickering) that it really brings me a great deal of joy.
Lexi, I love you so much. I am incredibly proud of you, and I am looking forward to all of the wonderful things that seven is going to bring us. Keep being you, Lexi Lyn, because to your Mama you are 100% perfect.
Love,
Mama
PS - For your birthday this year we had a great party at Smolak Farms. You painted fairy houses, made bracelets, played Fairy Bingo, went on hayride and saw the farm animals. But most of all, you had fun with your friends, and that made me happy! In the afternoon we had some of our other friends and family over for pizza. Everyone was happy to come and celebrate your special day. Today has been all about you - pancakes for breakfast, bike riding around the common, crafts, and this afternoon we'll have ice cream and go to the concert on the common. Grammy and Grampy are going to join us for the concert. I think it's been a great birthday weekends, and your smiles all weekend tell me that you feel the same way. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment