This time of year all the kids and I listen to in the car is Christmas music. We have a couple of cds that we love, but both kids really like the Glee Christmas Album. When it's Zach's turn to choose a song he asks for the "Christmas one with only girls and no boys" aka "We Need A Little Christmas". Often, when he tries to sing along he'll pause to remark, "Wow, Mama! Those girls really know the words!"
Lexi enjoys "Oh Holy Night" and "Silver Bells" and loves to sing along as well. However, after listening to "Angels We Have Heard on High" she remarked, "Wow! That was quite a song!" She always wants to hear one Christmas song on the way to school. She usually gets about half, because our drive is pretty short. So she told me last week that after I drop her off at school, she sings herself into the building. What a perfect way to start the day. :)
Last night Lexi asked me, "Mama, how old are you?" I told her I am 35. She said, "Wow, so you can get anything you want, huh?" "What do you mean?" I asked. She said, "You know, on tv. They always say, 'You must be 18 or older to order.' so you can order anything you want!" I'm so lucky...
As we were getting ready for bed last night I told him we were going to see Miss Annie in the morning (our chiropractor). His face lit up as though I had told him Santa would be there handing out gifts! Then he said, "Is she going to pop me?" I said, "Yes, she is" (the activator makes a popping sound) He thought about it for a minute and then said, "After Miss Annie makes me feel all better, what are we going to do next?" I just love that he knows that Miss Annie makes us better. :)
From Gigi:
"Last night, I found Zachy standing in my darkened bedroom. Knowing right away why he was there, from the guilty look on his face, I asked: "Did you poop in your pants, Zachy?" He shrugged several times. I said, "Why didn't you tell me you had to go, and I would have taken you to the potty?" He shrugged a few more times.
I went to get a pull-up from his bag. When I came back he said: "You know why I made my shoulder go up and down and up and down, Gigi? Because I was wondering if you have a changing table here, because if you don't, you can go right out to the store and buy one, OK? I don't mind. You can go right out to the store right now and buy one, OK?"
That little sweetie just cracks me up! : ) "
No comments:
Post a Comment