At bedtime, each kid is allowed to pick one book and either Ahren or I read both books to both kids each night. It has essentially eliminated arguing about which book we are going to read, which is great. What's not great is that Lexi is not as patient with Zach being in the "picking the same book every night" stage as we are. For at least a month he has chosen "I Spy" as his book of choice. Overtime Lexi has become so bored with this book that she started getting a little fussy about it. So, rather than giving them the pre-chosen object to pick out, I started finding little things in the picture for Lexi to find, as a way to make it more challenging. She thinks it's awesome, and Zach is happy no one is complaining the entire way through his book choice.
The other night Ahren was putting the kids to bed, and I could hear through the monitor that he was following my lead and picking out smaller, more hidden objects for Lexi. After a few stumpers, I heard her say to him, "Wow, Daddy! You're even better at this than Mommy!"
Traitor!!
No comments:
Post a Comment