Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Zachary!

Dear Zachary,

Today you turned two years old. Two seems so old, and while I still try to hold on to your babyness, I see it fading away more and more each day. You are turning into a beautiful, happy, friendly little boy who can walk, talk and do a million things all by yourself - "I DO IT!!".
You love to help with anything you can do. You will search around the house to find the tiniest crumb on the floor, just to show it to me and say, "Yucky Mama? I throw way?" and then proudly march it off to the trash can. Helping Daddy in the yard is one of your favorite things to do - presumably because you get the added benefit of getting filthy while you're out there together. But the huge smile on your face is totally worth the extra laundry.


You absolutely adore your sister Lexi, and she adores you right back. You mimic every single thing she says and does which I suspect will begin to annoy her when she gets just a tad older, but for now she thinks its pretty cool. She knows that she's your role model, and she tries very hard to teach you everything she knows, and you, my son, soak it right up. I've now learned that if there is something I really need you to do, I only have to get Lexi to ask you to do it - works every time.
Even the cats have started to trust that when you say, "I touch nice" you actually mean it, and they've been brave enough to stick around long enough to test the theory. While you're still all boy, and love to bonk heads, poke eyes, etc...you do seem to understand that with the cats, and with babies you have to be very gentle all the time. You are truly a kind soul.

Zachy, due to your first birthday party being canceled due to a yucky stomach bug, you ultimately ended up getting three or four birthday parties, and you loved every single one of them. "Happy Birthday" is one of your favorite songs, so having a crowd sing it to you over and over was a great present all alone.

And you had no problem downing three or four cupcakes over the course of a few weeks...


Zachary Thomas Lippman, you are our little angel boy. We all love you so much, and can never get enough of your huge smile, fantastic "till you fall down" giggle, and super strong hugs. You make me smile and laugh a million times a day, and that makes me feel like the luckiest Mama alive.
Happy birthday my little handsipants - I love you, love you, love you!!

Love,
Mama

No comments: