But here are a few of the translatable funnies that we've heard over the last few weeks:
One Sunday, Ahren had the opportunity to go to the Patriots game. When I mentioned it to Lexi she seemed excited to see him on tv. Around 3:30 I turned it on, only to check the score and see if he'd be coming home soon. While I was trying to figure out how it was going (they were listing other game's scores, rather than the Pat's) Lexi was saying, "Mama, what number is he?" "Three" I muttered...looking at a score of a game in the third quarter. "Oh, three? Well, that's not him. Mama, is he wearing a helmet?" "Who??" I asked. "Daddy!" She replied. She was pretty disappointed when I explained that Daddy had gone only to watch the game...not play.
The not funny part of this story is that Lexi was having a huge tantrum during dinner...something that's been becoming increasingly common in our house. I'm not a fan. On this particular night she had tossed her fork and napkin on the floor in a fit of drama queen, and when she bent down to get them, she bonked her head on the table. She screamed and turned to me with fire in her eyes while spewing, "I AM REALLY MAD AT YOU FOR BUYING A WOOD TABLE!!!" At least she is communicating her feelings...
A cute Zachy one - He had been sick during the night so when he wanted to sleep in it was fine by me. When he finally woke up around 9:30 I picked him up and carried him downstairs. He asked me if Gigi was here and I told him that no, Gigi was at work. He asked why and I said because it's very late, and told him he slept the morning away. His reply? "Whoooops!"
On our way home one night, Ahren, the kids and I were driving on a very windy road. The moon appeared to be moving from one side of the car to another, and both kids were having fun pointing out it's location. Ultimately we got on the highway, and the moon stayed put on Zachary's side of the car. After a few minutes of her looking for it, I eventually had to tell Lexi that the moon would probably not make its way back to her side during this ride. She was not pleased. A few minutes later Zachary tried to get her attention, "Tachi? Tachi? Tachi?" When she didn't respond I pointed out to her that he was calling her. She replied, "I'm not talking to him because it's not fair that he gets the moon on his side of the car for the whole ride home."
One day Lexi and Gigi were shopping, and they had wandered over to the jewelry section of Kohl's. Lexi suggested a necklace for Gigi and Gigi said, "No. I think that one is a little too gaudy for me." There was a long pause before Lexi said, "It doesn't look like God to me, Gigi!"
Recently I ran into a store, leaving Ahren and the kids in the car in order to speed up the process. When I got back in the car I said to Ahren, "I just got a REALLY good deal! The
On our way to a farm in Connecticut for Cassie's birthday, Lexi and I drove around a corner and suddenly faced a large hill covered in brightly colored fall trees. Lexi gasped from the back seat and said, "Mom, look at that hill!! It's the most beautiful hill I've ever seen!"
I have so much fun chatting with my kids. They're like my own in-home comedians.
No comments:
Post a Comment