With September comes new schedules, new classes, new clothes and shoes...and it happens to be a very pricey time of year! This year Lexi will be going to the Older Learners classroom at
NEMS. It's like a
Pre-
Kingergarden where they will work on things like reading and writing, and she'll be attending five days. This will give Zachary and me some time to do some one on one activities, which he rarely gets. So Zachary and I will be doing gymnastics and swimming, while Lexi is in school on Mondays and Fridays. We had our first day of the new schedule today and all went very well. Lexi had a great first day of school, and Zachary LOVED his gymnastics class. The schedule is more hectic for me, but the kids are happy and I'm sure it will get easier once we settle into the routine.
Lexi also began dance this week. She's been telling me for months that she does not want to dance in the fall...but when the day came she happily put on her leotard, tights, legwarmers and shoes and waltzed right into class. She'll be with her friend Elizabeth, and this will be the first year that she'll be in a recital, so it's a very exciting year.
Lexi and Zach will both be back in swimming lessons this week as well. Lexi will have to go to the SKIPPERS program (which means no Mommy), and she's a bit apprehensive about it, but I'm hoping she'll do well. I'll still have to put my suit on all winter with Zachary, but I think he's going to have a blast too.
We've had a great and relaxing summer, but now it's time to get back to business.





No comments:
Post a Comment