Thursday, May 13, 2010

Breaking the Rules

Yes, I'm going to do it...watch out - here I go. Before this blog I wrote little notes to Lexi in a notebook. I have a note that I wrote to her at 17 months old listing all the words that she could say. I know, it's wrong, but I *must* compare this list to what Zach is saying at 17 months...so I'm doing it. Just try to stop me. I'm sure Fadia will yell at me later. :)

Zach's Words (as I can recall them) at 17 months:
ball
cat
catch
ouch
hi
bye bye
car
truck
uh oh
yes
no
signs "more"
signs and says "all done"
juice
uppy
cheese
gigi
poppy
daddy
sounds like "betsy" for "Lexi"
mama (only when he's crying)
eye
nose
hat
head
(Will point to ear, toes, feet, fingers, hands, cheek)
bubble
tree
dog
woof
choo choo (for train)
okay
duck
baa baa
hot
if I say "one" he says "two"

And Lexi at 17 months:
Dada
Poppy
Gigi
Baby
Yaya (Fadia)
Tom
eye
tet (French for eye)
shoes
pants
shirt
socks
cat
woof (dog)
duck
fox
turtle
baa (sheep)
up
down
help
okay
all done
no ("ah...no!")
yah
bowl
apple
banana
cheese
spoon
juice
hot
more
chair
jacket
hat
bear
uh oh
touch
poop
hi
bye bye
please
thank you
cheek
bird
Elmo
Big Bird
three
tap
fish
cracker
sauce
ball
truck
Wheeee!
beep beep
crash
stars

So, yes...Lexi had more words than Zach does, but I am still impressed with how many words he uses now. Just like with Lexi, new ones seem to crop up every day, and it's so fun to hear him talking.

No comments: