Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March Madness

March is my busiest time of year at work. Where I normally process about 4-6 health insurance renewals each month, I have close to 40 that renew on April 1st. Add to that a two week delay on the release of April rates by the carriers, and I basically go into a small group renewal hole sometime mid February, and don't get to come out until April. I prefer being very busy over not having enough to do, but this time of year is almost silly and I feel, more than normal, like I'm living in a pinball machine, every few seconds being shot in a different direction and trying to accomplish what I have to do there before being shot in another direction. Also add to this craziness one Lexi school vacation week, one Zach daycare vacation week, and the big end of the month topper...wait for it...YES! Lexi's preschool was destroyed in a flood on Saturday. That's right, destroyed. A main sprinkler system pipe burst on Saturday afternoon and quickly filled the basement level preschool with 4-6 FEET of water. The school lost everything - their equipment, files, books, toys, and Montessori (read: ridiculously expensive) materials. Needless to say, Lexi is out of school indefinitely and Gigi the Great saves the day (er...weeks) again by taking Lexi everywhere she goes until we can figure out what will happen with school. Here is a link to an article about the disaster.
So, I know my blog posts have been a little bit light lately, and that's why. Hopefully by next week my work schedule will settle down a bit, and we will have a clearer idea of what is going to happen with Lexi's preschool. Then I'll come back and update with all the amazingly adorable and funny things my kids have been saying and doing.
But for now...as Zach would say, "Buhbye! Mwahh!"

No comments: