Thursday, September 24, 2009

Zachary Is 10 Months Old!

Zachary has changed so much in the last month. At nine months he had some big leaps - he learned to crawl and became quite good at it very quickly, and he also sprouted his first teeth. Since then he has been a different boy - once content to sit and watch others around him, he is now constantly on the go, and always looking for new places to explore, and more stuff to put in his little mouth! When we came home from our vacation he suddenly realized there was a whole new world in this house just waiting for him to discover, and I think he's covered every inch. Within only days of being home he decided that crawling was for babies, and started pushing my stool around the house. It seems to be a slower process to me, but I think he feels like a bigger kid because he's "walking" like we do! He's had his hands in the cat food more times than I can count, and has a vision for dirt on the floor like no one I know! If there is a small rock, piece of cat fur, or anything else on our floor he will find it in seconds. One day while he was at daycare I swept, vacuumed and mopped the entire downstairs....within three minutes of being home he found a piece of dried up corn on the floor and popped it into his mouth...oh boy.



However, I have to say that in the last few days it seems as though he is beginning to understand what he is not supposed to do. Now when he picks things up he shows them to me (just like his sister used to do) and if I tell him, "No no, Zachary" he doesn't put it in his mouth. Also, at bedtime when I put him in his crib he will now lift his head with a big smile like he's going to sit up and play, but if I say, "No no, Zachary. It's night night time" he puts his head back down and goes to sleep. No...he doesn't always listen to the "no nos"...if he's crawling toward a cat's tail and we tell him "no no" he starts crawling faster....he'll learn.



He's a good boy, and I'm actually anxious for him to get just a little bit bigger so that he can really play with his sister - all he wants to do!







As for little Lexi Loo...she is back to preschool and loving it. She really enjoys New England Montessori, and although she misses some of her friends that are no longer there, she has made lots of new friends and always has great stories to tell about their adventures. She has also started another gymnastics class with her friend Riley on Tuesday afternoons. It's not a mom/tot class, so she's still getting used to going in without me, but I think it's good for her. I'm hoping by the end of the session she'll be completely comfortable with it, and we'll be able to put her into more classes on her own. In a few weeks we'll be doing another swim class at the YMCA...that one I have to go in with her, so it looks like bathing suit season does not end for this Mama.

Last weekend she helped Ahren paint the front steps. She is such a good little helper, so serious about each job she is given, and she really does a good job! It seems amazing to me that a four year old could really help paint, but she did great. I wish I had gotten a picture of her cute painting outfit, but Zach and I were busy doing the grocery shopping.


No comments: