Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cute Cousin Quotes

Lexi's cousins Ben and Cassie spent the weekend here without their Mom and Dad. I'm only slightly surprised that Gigi and Poppy survived the visit, but it was a lot of fun getting to spend all that time with the kids. They were extremely polite and well behaved while they were here, and they all had a blast playing together.

Between the three of them, the kids came up with some pretty funny one-liners that I must share. I hope I remember them all, but I will edit the post if I am reminded of ones that I had previously forgotten.

Lexi: "Well *that* was a miserable time at Gigi and Poppy's house!" (On our way home one night after dinner - in reference to the fact that we had a visit from a family of raccoons while we were eating dinner.)

Cassie: "Gigi, why are you so old?"

Ben: "Whoever wins at mini-golf gets to decide what we are doing tomorrow!" (Poppy wins and exclaims that he gets to decide what we're doing tomorrow) "No, that was just something silly I made up. It's just for kids, Poppy."

Cassie: (walking in the backdoor with Gigi and Great Gram) "I want to go in first because I don't want Great Gram to touch me with my bathing suit on."

Lexi: (Discussing plans for her birthday I mention that I was considering a party at Smolak's...from under the table I hear) "...or medium or big?"

Lexi: "I don't want to go swimming because there's too much fish allergy in the pond." (referring to the algae floating on the water)

Lexi: "We didn't go to the beach, Daddy. We went to Stevie's Pond. 'Stevie's' is the sand and 'Pond' is the water!"

Cassie: "Zachary likes me! He only wants to play with me!"

Sadly, I think I waited too long and have forgotten some of the funny ones...but I'm sure I'll remember them and add them soon. :)

No comments: