Zachary had his two month doctor's visit this week. It was a tough one for me, because he was receiving his first vaccines, and I have paid a lot more attention to vaccine issues since Lexi's horrible reaction when she was 15 months old. Luckily, our new doctor is slightly lenient about what she will allow us to do with the schedule, and the practice uses the combination shots that are the safest in my opinion. So, although I was a complete wreck about the whole thing, we both survived just fine, and Zach escaped with only two shots, and will still be up to date on his shots when he goes to daycare in a few short weeks! I really love our new doctor - she is young, sweet, and very good to the kids. She asks me about Lexi when she's not there, and never makes me feel rushed during our visits, even if I ask her a Lexi question during a Zach visit.
She was pretty impressed with Zachary this week. On Monday he laughed for the first time, which wasn't too surprising since he's been smiling (social smiles) since he was less than a week old. During the visit he was trying his best to learn a new trick - rolling off the exam table. He didn't succeed, but he just may have had I not been holding him. Dr. M and I laughed through the whole visit. Most impressive was how much he's grown!
Height - 25 1/2 inches tall - 98th percentile!! (Must be some Duda genes in this boy!)
Weight - 14 lbs. 3 ozs. - 90th percentile.
He's already wearing his 3-6 month clothes, and due to his ingrown toenails, we've had to cut holes in all of his p.j.s.
Zachary is really beginning to play now too. He's laughed a few times, enjoys batting at his toys, brings toys to his mouth, but most especially enjoys hanging out with his sister.
As for Lexi, she continues to be an excellent big sister! She's suffered with a few colds in the last few weeks, but she handles them like a champ. She's been coming up with some pretty funny stuff lately too...here's a sampling:
Lexi: "Mama, I need some juice. My lips are all chopped."
Lexi (after successfully pooping on the potty): "See Mama? I told you I ate enough vegetables to poop!"
Me (responding to Zachary crying while quickly trying to finish up an e-mail): "I know Zachy, Mommy hears you! I'm coming right now."
Lexi (without even looking up from her clay): "Zachy says, 'Really Mommy, because it looks like you're typing an e-mail to me..'"
Lexi: "Daddy, do you want to run some Ahren's with us?"
Ahren: "Some Ahrens? You're going to run me??"
Lexi: "No Daddy, sometimes people call going to stores 'running Ahrens'. Mommy and I are going to run some Ahrens. Do you want to come?"
And now, my poor, little sick girl needs me, so I have to run...
No comments:
Post a Comment